[CLUG-chat] Moerse unimpressed :-)

Price,Neil nprice at gibb.co.za
Tue Jun 27 13:43:21 SAST 2006

On Tue, June 27, 2006 12:22 pm, Jonathan Groll said:

> Just a point of clarification - there was no free disk space - the
> windows partition(s) covered the entire disk? And what the ubuntu
> installer was trying to do was to resize an NTFS partition or VFAT?

I phrased that badly. In fact only 70GB of the 160GB was partitioned with
windows. The rest was "windows-free" and unpartitioned.

> What does the partition table look like now?

After testdisk recovered it I could see the windows partition as before
(same size) plus a Linux and Linux swap partition just where I expected
them to be (the last +- 80GB). I subsequently deleted them. I'll try again
sometime but only after I've been down to the bottle store.