[CLUG-chat] Moerse impressed

Price,Neil nprice at gibb.co.za
Wed Jun 14 15:16:43 SAST 2006

Did an online update of a Ubuntu breezy system to Dapper. Worked
brilliantly. Downloads took about 2-3 hours through a 512MB ADSL and
another hour or so to install the programs. ONLY thing I had to fix
afterwards was perms on winbindd_priviledged that I need for ntlm
authentication on squid. Everything else just worked! I had maybe about 10
minutes downtime during the whole thing!

Only problem is they still haven't fixed the buggy sky2 driver (cause of
my Samba problems in a thread in Clug-tech) but it seems a fix is
imminent.