[CLUG-chat] Linksys or MikroTik?

Hendrik Visage hvjunk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 23:18:09 SAST 2006

On 8/30/06, Roland Giesler <roland at giesler.za.net> wrote:
> I need to choose one as a platform to build wireless networks on, and
> while the mikrotik is technically superiour (I'm led to believe), the
> Linksys WRT54GL, once flashed with new firmware, seems to be quite
> powerful too.
>
> So what should I do?

Something that's not so technical of nature, but that you might have
to consider, is
availability. Unless the Linksys is a guaranteed supply of OpenWRT compatible
(and knowing Cisco I'll be surprised if they don't drop that
availability in the future)
it might be the better choice to go with Mikrotik + readily available
boards now, than having
to switch later.

--
Hendrik Visage
/who noticed that a decent FOSS alternative to Mikrotik appears to be