[CLUG-chat] Linksys or MikroTik?

Roland Giesler roland at giesler.za.net
Wed Aug 30 17:59:41 SAST 2006

Do any of you guys and gals have opinions (or hopefully experience) with
wifi solutions regarding the mention two hardware platforms?

I need to choose one as a platform to build wireless networks on, and
while the mikrotik is technically superiour (I'm led to believe), the
Linksys WRT54GL, once flashed with new firmware, seems to be quite
powerful too.

So what should I do?  I don't want to have to support various platforms,
and they don't interconnect all to well I have found to my disdain.  O
yes, the Mikrotik is much more expensive as well, so it would have to
really good and superiour to be justified.

Anticipating your replies.

Roland