[CLUG-chat] Bounty available - sax2 for openlab4.1

A.J. Venter aj at getopenlab.com
Wed Aug 30 10:53:25 SAST 2006

Hi guys,
I recently had the chance to overlook the new SLED release. Only one thing
from there REALLY impressed me - the sax2 tool for X configuration - I would
love to be able to include this in the upcoming OpenLab 4.1 release.

Unfortunately, my attempts to build this on OpenLab has met with some
difficulties, apparently due to changes in the gcc allowed syntax rules.

I have no doubt that somebody with a bit of c/c++ skill can port it, but I
simply do not have the time, so I am setting out a bounty of R500 for anybody
who is willing to build it for me, which I believe is quite generous for
merely porting a package to a new distribution.

There are a few requirements:
1) It needs to built into a proper slackware-standards compliant tgz package,
this includes a valid slack-desc, config files in /etc and major prefix set
to /usr
2) It needs to be able to run without additional dependencies on an OpenLab
4.1 LIVEcd - all the listed dependencies are already in there.
3) I will need a proper tax invoice for the ammount.
4) It goes without saying that the package needs to work properly with all
 the functionality from the orriginal - if any features are impossible to
 make work, they should be hidden (this is a LAST resort option).

I will provide the applicant with a current openlab4.1 build, but since the
LIVEcd does not contain programming tools (these will come with the full
release) the actual package creation needs to be done on an openlab4.0 system
with full updates - I will also provide the CD's for these.

Since this is a once-off bounty, it's basically first come first serve, but
 if you take it up and are interrested in more work in the future, let me
 know and I will keep your name handy for such occasions.

Ciao
A.J.
--
"80% Of a hardware engineer's job is application of the uncertainty
 principle. 80% of a software engineer's job is pretending this isn't so."