[CLUG-chat] Online Shop Software

Paul Scott pscott at uwc.ac.za
Tue Aug 29 09:33:48 SAST 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 09:25 +0200, Rory Austin wrote:

> I came across Xen which seems to be the most popular of the oscommerce
> alternatives. It claims to be a ready modified oscommerce etc. I
> installed it and played around a bit and it was MUCH nicer than
> oscommerce but I haven't modified it myself or actually used it to build
> a real shop yet...

There is a project that is dealing with exactly this mess on AVOIR at
the moment. It involves a bunch of people such as yourselves that have
had it up to their ears dealing with crappy shopping carts etc. This
shopping cart is going to be a PEAR module as soon as it is done, so it
will always be free. It is still in its infancy, but promises to be a
really decent, well documented project.

Join the mailing list at:

and give some input.

--Paul