[CLUG-chat] Linux Training Options?

Andre Truter linux at trusoft.co.za
Fri Aug 25 11:10:33 SAST 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 10:49 +0200, Weiers Coetser wrote:
> Hi
>
> My linux-proselytism is having an interesting effect on two hard-core
> Windows Sys-Admins where I work. They both have qualifications that are
> equivalent to a B-tech degree (Can you get such a qualification without
> learning the basics about linux?). They are now asking me if I know of
> training options in Linux that is available as courses that is longer
> than a few days. Perhaps a post-graduate certificate or something?
>
> I've mentioned LPI certification to them, and in their typical Windows
> Stubbornness, they think that there might be something better.
>
> Is there? (The one is particularly interested in security issues)

RedHat and Novell both have Linux Certified Engineer courses and also
some other Certified courses.

Talk to Obsidian for Redhat courses and SmartSource for Novell/SuSE
courses.

--
Andre Truter | Software Consultant | Registered Linux user #185282
Jabber: andre.truter at gmail.com | http://www.trusoft.co.za

~ I am never wrong except when I am not right ~