[CLUG-chat] Gentoo 2006.0 DVD ISOs

Alan Mckinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Mon Aug 21 15:47:43 SAST 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 14:24 +0200, Jonathan Hitchcock wrote:
> There are a lot of reasons one can give for using Gentoo.  Some of
> them
> are even good reasons.  Some of those are even true.  But everybody
> always seems to use the oh-my-god-optimised reason, when it really
> just
> isn't relevant.

To be fair to Mike, he did state the only truly correct reason for using
gentoo - he *knows* *exactly* what software is on the machine.

It's also very easy to do bizarre things like recompile everything
in /bin ( or was it /boot?) statically for those times when we do
something really stupid to the machine :-)

hehehe

alan