[CLUG-chat] Telkom Alternatives Advocacy Campaign

Mogamat Abrahams tech at cyber-worx.co.za
Wed Aug 16 11:39:35 SAST 2006

Jonathan Carter wrote:

> That's the best I can explain my motivation for supporting Richard's
> cause, I understand that some people feel that it's a bunch of punks
> running around bitching and moaning at Telkom, but for me it's a bit
> more than that and just because it makes some people unhappy, it won't
> stop me from getting people to give less money to Telkom.
Fully, its a good idea, but the effect wont be as good as the idea it is
based on - thats all I'm saying.
I have yet to meet a single consumer who has a good opinion of tkum
besides telkom sales reps :-) , they are second only to traffic cops in
popularity contests.

I dont like telkom/their policies etc and you have my moral support, but
I have already begun my struggle against them - by the end of the year
we will probably have provided usable, mostly-on, inet to around 100
families on the 'flats for around R100-150 per month - Usable solutions
for a fraction of the cost.