[CLUG-chat] Perl Book Help

Shawn Jooste shawn at csponline.co.za
Mon Aug 14 13:26:48 SAST 2006

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy a book on Perl. I would like to slowly teach myself
Perl, so I am looking at a couple of books, but I'm not sure which one
will suite my purposes.

I have no programming back ground, just Sysadmin and technical stuff.
I am running SQL-Ledger for a couple of clients, and would like to
understand the application a little better and also write some scripts
for it.

So my questions are:

1. Which Perl book would you reccomend?

2. Does someone have one they would want to sell second hand? (or swap for beer)

3. Are there enough online resources available that I could look at
that would help, and does someone perhaps have a bunch of URL's that
will save me reading through a million sites to find a good one?

Thanks for any help.

Shawn