[CLUG-chat] Unbelievable

Roland Giesler roland at giesler.za.net
Thu Aug 10 21:49:01 SAST 2006

I just saw the specs of the special entry level MS Windows, the so
called Windows Starter Edition and I wondered what they are trying to
do.  From the specs it must be clear that they are trying to frighten
people away from XP and Windows as much as possible.

Here are the highlights:

1. No networking
2. Only one user
3. Max screen resultion of 800x600
4. No multi-tasking (max 4 programs running at a time)

And they charge over R300 retail for it!!

(I see M$ in the US are so ashamed of it, it's not even listed as a
Windows XP version at microsoft.com)

I just thought that it would be appreciated for what it is on this
list.  Just another compelling reason for people to use a free CD and
empower themselves with a real OS.

Viva Open Source!