[CLUG-chat] NocatAuth

Deon Erasmus bisybackson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 15:09:29 SAST 2006

Daniel,

This is the top of the message to which I'm responding...

On 8/10/06, Daniel Avinir <davinir at webmail.co.za> wrote:
> Basically,
>
> I would like to configure it using one machine as the Gateway & Auth Server.

<snip>

> Do you know any good step by step how-to's?
>
> Thanks in anticipation.
> Daniel

... and this is the bottom. This is where your replies should go when
you compose a big chunk like you did here. You can also reply inline
to points in the email to which you are responding. It also helps
readers of your message if you trim irrelevant parts, and it greatly
improves your chances of getting a helpful answer. Don't post on top.
Thanks for the plain text formatting. How are you doing on the
sunscreen?

I would not recommend NoCat for your needs. It works best in
interconnected wireless networks, with centralised authentication.

Have a look at http://freshmeat.net/projects/sesame-wifi/ . It's a
python-cgi and netfilter/iptables setup. It needs a fair bit of
hacking to get going, and the comments are in French. It works well
when up and running, though. I've extended it to do bandwidth quotas,
which I'll send to you off list if you wish.

Regards
Deon