[CLUG-chat] Poll for Password Managers

Dewet Diener clug-chat at dewet.org
Thu Aug 10 11:50:54 SAST 2006

On Thursday 10 August 2006 10:44 am, Tom Coetser wrote:
> I just want to get an idea of passwords managers you guys are using.

KDE's own "wallet manager"

> - lots of gnome specific support libs to run under kde (kubuntu)
> - does not sit in the tray

Check both;  it's KDE-native and uses the systray.

> - needs a gui to access the password file, so getting to my passwords via
> ssh from remote is a problem

It is possible programmatically via DCOP, but it doesn't seem obvious at first
glance.  Just a cursory google delivered
http://63.238.77.251/?l=kde-core-devel&m=112014281102688&w=2 where someone
interfaced Java to it.  Apparently it should be trivial to write a C++ app to
interface via DCOP and retrieve a password.