[CLUG-chat] Intro into programming.

Steve Crane sjc at cidev.com
Fri Aug 4 07:10:24 SAST 2006

Daniel,

I used Using C by Atkinson & Atkinson (review at
http://tinyurl.com/jqz8m, detail in PDF) when learning C in the early
90s and found it quite good.

Using C teaches ANSI C so you should be good to use it with any
compiler.  It was however written with a DOS slant and using the Borland
compiler.  If you like you could download a copy of Turbo C 2.01 (freely
available at http://bdn.borland.com/article/20841) and run it in dosemu
or similar.

I may still have a copy of this book, and their later Using C++, in my
cupboard at work.  If so you're welcome to them.  I'll have to check on
Monday as I'm not going in to the office today.  If I don't still have
it you can often find copies at used book stores.

Cheers.
--
Steve Crane
http://craniac.wordpress.com