[CLUG-chat] Programming Intro....

Daniel Shaw dshaw78 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 23:30:44 SAST 2006

> That is basically the reason why I'm agnostic to computer languages, and why I'm
> semi-fluent in just about all the main flavours... other than ruby and

Point taken, but one needs to start somewhere. For me, I have already
started (with some bash and perl) and the mext step is whatever takes
my fancy next.. probably some C. I liked marc's point about making
useful contributions to existing things..

> However, something that I Will advise people on, is to get a decent
> book on algorithms and
> data structures.

Ah ha! More good advice.. The quandry once again is how to judge a
book by it's cover. No mean feat. Do you have any recomendations?

Cheers,
Daniel