[CLUG-chat] Intro into programming.

Jonathan Hitchcock jonathanh at adept.co.za
Thu Aug 3 10:21:42 SAST 2006

Stephan February wrote:
> I think we are getting into a People's Front of Judea vs. a Judean
> People's Front -type situation here. How is developing software on a
> Free Platform using non-free tools different from _using_ Free Software
> on a non-free platform ?

I'm going to use the "it's Friday" excuse for posting crap, because it's
just as rational an excuse today as it will be tomorrow...

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the
edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said "Stop! Don't do it!"
"Why shouldn't I?" he said.
"Well, there's so much to live for!"
"Like what?"
"Well... are you religious?"
He said yes.
I said, "Me too! Are you Christian or Buddhist?"
"Christian."
"Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant?"
"Protestant."
"Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"
"Baptist"
"Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"
"Baptist Church of God!"
"No way, me too! Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you
reformed Baptist Church of God?"
"Reformed Baptist Church of God!"
"Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1879, or
Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915?"
He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!"
I said, "Die, heretic scum", and pushed him off.