[CLUG-chat] Intro into programming.

Stephan February clug at adeptiva.com
Thu Aug 3 10:08:04 SAST 2006

Paul Scott wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 15:54 +0800, Stephan February wrote:
>
>>  Does asking for help on using Free Software on a non-free
>> platform (e.g. python on Win32, php on Win32 etc.) also count as
>> "indiscriminate punting"?
>>

> Asking for help _using_ free software is a tad different to asking "I
> want to start developing software on a free platform, which is the best
> way to go?" or is Free software just a single facet to you?

I think we are getting into a People's Front of Judea vs. a Judean
People's Front -type situation here. How is developing software on a
Free Platform using non-free tools different from _using_ Free Software
on a non-free platform ?

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the difference :)

Cheers
Stephan