[CLUG-chat] Intro into programming.

Stephan February clug at adeptiva.com
Thu Aug 3 09:54:00 SAST 2006

Paul Scott wrote:
> I find it surprising that a FOSS list tolerates the indiscriminate
> punting of a non-free language. If there are new recruits to the Free
> programming world, why start them off on a non-free language?
Hhmmm... that's interesting. I don't remember anyone making noise about
the Skype thread being guilty of "indiscriminate punting of non-free
software". Does asking for help on using Free Software on a non-free
platform (e.g. python on Win32, php on Win32 etc.) also count as
"indiscriminate punting"?

Cheers
Stephan