[CLUG-chat] LCD recomedation?

Wayne Koorts wkoorts at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 02:45:48 SAST 2006

> This is not:
> Section "Monitor"
>         Identifier      "Philips 109 B5"
>         HorizSync       27-92
>         VertRefresh     50-160
>         Option          "DPMS"
> EndSection

I beg to differ Mark, I have found the Phillips 109B5 to be a great
monitor.  Bought mine 2 years ago and it is still serving me well -
still the best CRT I've used yet.  I work with graphics a fair amount
and compared to the LCD on my (new) laptop the colour contrast /
clarity etc. is much better and colour representation is much more
accurate on the CRT.  To call this a bad monitor is definitely not
true.

Of course this depends on what you compare it to and I haven't seen
the iiyama ones yet.

--
Regards,
Wayne Koorts