[CLUG-chat] LCD recomedation?

Rory Austin clug at radv2.za.net
Wed Aug 2 12:15:39 SAST 2006

Brendon Gleeson wrote:
> Purchasing an LCD has proved to be more difficult than a motherboard, I
> have wasted about a week trying to find a technically superior product,
> now I have to start from scratch and find out who is actually going to
> replace a defective product? This whole LCD thing seems like a bit of a
> fiasco to me... I guess you can't put a price tag on your eyesight.. so
> I'll have to take the plunge and order something... (Maybe even a
> el-cheapo Acer)

Oh you have no idea... I've been looking at LCDs for months and months
now. I've been using my laptop almost exclusively since I got it over a
year ago, mostly because my desktop sucked in comparison. Then a few
months ago I got a brand spanking new desktop but still haven't found a
"worthy" LCD yet...

I also can't tolerate a CRT much anymore so my desktop is rather
underused. (see: plays music)

I've seen some nice Proline ones in the budget category, had a "proper"
stand that could rotate and everything and picture quality wasn't bad.
Otherwise I'd probably go with Viewsonic.