[CLUG-chat] LCD recomedation?

Brendon Gleeson brendon at gleesonprop.co.za
Wed Aug 2 11:59:50 SAST 2006

John S. Murray wrote:
> I'm using a 19" MECER EM989 and within a few weeks it has already
> developed a lazy pixel.
>
> Apparently you need to check the fineprint because some manufacturers
> claim that lazy pixels are inherent in the technology and are not
> covered by warantee's

Purchasing an LCD has proved to be more difficult than a motherboard, I
have wasted about a week trying to find a technically superior product, now
I have to start from scratch and find out who is actually going to replace
a defective product? This whole LCD thing seems like a bit of a fiasco to
me... I guess you can't put a price tag on your eyesight.. so I'll have to
take the plunge and order something... (Maybe even a el-cheapo Acer)