[CLUG-chat] LCD recomedation?

Mark Ter Morshuizen mark at itbox.co.za
Wed Aug 2 09:53:11 SAST 2006

On Wednesday 02 August 2006 09:25, Brendon Gleeson wrote:
> I find the opposite true, I get too much glare on my CRT, I have the
> brightness 0 and the contrast 85 and it still irritates my eyes. I use one
> of the other pc's with cheap mecer LCD monitors for a while and when I
> return to my CRT the text is definitely blurry and eye-straining. I do have
> a decent CRT so that's not an issue (LG Flatron F700P), Anyways I could do
> with at least an extra inch of keyboard space...

This is a decent monitor:
Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "iiyama Vision Master Pro 510"
        HorizSync       30-130
        VertRefresh     50-160
        Option          "DPMS"
EndSection

This is not:
Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Philips 109 B5"
        HorizSync       27-92
        VertRefresh     50-160
        Option          "DPMS"
EndSection

I think your LG and my Philips are probably quite comparable. The iiyama (22")
is way better than any LCD I've ever seen. At 1200x1600 at 85Hz there's no
noticeable flicker and text is crisp. With the Philips (19") comparison with
a good LCD is perhaps possible.
--
Mark Ter Morshuizen
mark at itbox.co.za