[CLUG-chat] LCD recomedation?

Pieter Ackermann packmann at mweb.co.za
Tue Aug 1 12:51:30 SAST 2006

Brendon Gleeson wrote:
> Sorry, this is probably OT,
> But I have spent 3 days trying to narrow my options down to that one
> single monitor... I need something < R3000 and crispness / clarity is
> paramount.
>
> I am currently probably going to resort to one of these:
> ViewSonic VA912B
> ViewSonic VP920B
>
> Can anyone recommend them, or something better? I am not interested in
> the Samsung range as they require windows only software to adjust the
> screen. Hyundai looks quite interesting, but I am not sure if they're
> available in here (SA).
Hi Brendon,

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 913N 19" flattie pushed by Debian Sarge and
lately by Suse 10.1. I took the old CRT off, plugged  in the Samsung,
pushed the "AUTO" button on the screen and it configured itself in front
of my eyes in a few seconds. Very impressive! Cost was R2,368.38 ex VAT
at Incredible in May.

Cheers,

Piet