[CLUG-chat] google employees have too much time

Deon Erasmus bisybackson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 13:29:34 SAST 2005

On 9/22/05, Clive Zagno <clive at zlogic.co.za> wrote:
> http://www.google.com/googlegulp/
>
> Someone must be bored with there job

In case you didn't read the FAQ - this blurb is pretty cool :)

----

11. When will you take Google Gulp out of beta?

Man, if you pressure us, you just drive us away. We'll commit when
we're ready, okay? Besides, what's so great about taking things out of
beta? It ruins all the romance, the challenge, the possibilities, the
right to explore. Carpe diem, ya know? Maybe we're jaded, but we've
seen all these other companies leap headlong into 1.0, thinking their
product is exactly what they've been dreaming of all their lives, that
everything is perfect and hunky-dory – and the next thing you know
some vanilla copycat release from Redmond is kicking their butt, the
Board is holding emergency meetings and the CEO is on CNBC blathering
sweatily about "a new direction" and "getting back to basics." No
thanks, man. We like our freedom.