[CLUG-chat] Keeping the Beagle/Tooso worm/trojan combo out

Price,Neil nprice at gibb.co.za
Wed Sep 21 15:20:31 SAST 2005

On Wed, September 21, 2005 2:36 pm, Michael-John Turner said:

> it, as they both claim to have signatures for it. Oddly, if I extract the
> ZIP file and scan the contents using either of their manual scanners, they
> both identify the virus.

Ditto.

In fact yesterday, NAV would not detect the Beagle part at all, a manual
scan would find Tooso but by then it was too late. Beagle is a worm that
drops the Tooso Trojan - two separate entities here. We've had a few
infections. Tooso kills NAV's autoprotect quite effectively. So far the
emails have only come in the stealth of the night.

If there are any closet windoze lusers who want instructions on how to get
of these ****ers, mail me off-list.