[CLUG-chat] OT: Cthuthluthu

Charles Oertel charles at finebushpeople.net
Wed Sep 14 15:28:53 SAST 2005

Erhard Eiselen wrote:
> Nothing as annoying, nothing (mmm maybe Crazy Frog)

No, the sexless meerkat!

> And they will probably all be stone deaf by 30! I am rushing towards
> 50 and I can still hear a pin drop - hope that lasts till I'm 80...

I resent that ;-) - I'm 42 and have 40% hearing loss in one ear and 20%
in the other.  Often I cannot make out what people are saying - and at
night when my tinnitus takes over I cannot hear the dog walking on the
wooden floor.  But then again, I have _enjoyed_ my fair share of
Tchaikovski crescendoes, head-banging rock 'n roll, and other auditory
delights.  Fsck dropping pins, I don't sew anyway - give me Bob Dylan,
U2 and the Clash - LOUD ;-)

Of course, all my favourites actually play _music_, not the sorry
repetitious doof-doof noise that kids today listen to.  What with iPods
I suspect the next generation will be deafer than me.

regards
--
Charles Oertel
FineBushPeople.net

-=-=-
... The man who fell into an upholstery machine is fully recovered.
-=-=-