[CLUG-chat] Toaster a little sick?

Charles Oertel charles at finebushpeople.net
Mon Jun 27 09:06:39 SAST 2005

Hi Dirk

Dirk J. Botha wrote:
> Twice now I've gone to the toaster to get Gentoo, both times it decided to
> toast Fedora instead. Not that I have anything against Fedora, but I went
> there in order to get Gentoo.

Is this the one in Canal Walk / MTN Science Centre?  It sounds like it
has some isos put in the wrong place (or named incorrectly).  I have
just made changes to the software that makes it easier to see when an
iso isn't burned, and allows you burn a single missing disk if
necessary.  But I don't think those changes have been rolled out yet.

However, if the wrong distro is posing as Gentoo (I can't blame them,
all the distros want to be Gentoo and it looks like Fedora beat them to
it ;-), then someone needs to install the correct iso there.

But don't you think it is a bit "Windows-User-Like" to try the same
thing twice and expect different results each time? ;-).

regards
--
Charles Oertel
FineBushPeople.net

-=-=-
... This sentence is meaningless because it is self-referential.
-=-=-