[CLUG-chat] where can I find a good laptop?

Charles Oertel charles at finebushpeople.net
Tue Jun 21 11:22:39 SAST 2005

Raoul Snyman wrote:
> i know battery life is better, but i'm actually not concerned with that.
> the laptop will be plugged into the wall almost all the time...
>
> what other advice can you offer?

The few times when you will be using the laptop _not_ plugged in to the
wall, will be _critical_ times (otherwise you wouldn't be doing it).  I
swear you'll be grateful for a better battery life.

Plus, less heat generated = longer mobo and chip life (less heating and
cooling etc).

The super fast chips just wait quickly for user keypresses, so what's
the point?  Are you calculating 11-digit prime numbers?  Are you
rendering the next release of Shrek?  Surely not on a laptop.

regards
--
Charles Oertel
FineBushPeople.net

-=-=-
... No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes.
-=-=-