[CLUG-chat] Paypal supports ZA (Again, partially)

Jonathan Hitchcock vhata-clug at rucus.ru.ac.za
Tue Jun 21 10:17:24 SAST 2005

On Tue 2005-06-21 (09:35), Nick van der Merwe wrote:
> On 6/21/05, Jonathan Hitchcock <vhata-clug at rucus.ru.ac.za> wrote:
> > "High amount of credit card fraud"
> >
> > *snort*
>
> I've been told that it was a high amount of credit card fraud that
> caused the banks to tighten certain security measures, which in turn
> forced Paypal out.
>
> The official line from Paypal is fraud, though.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/20/technology/20google.html?ex=1276920000&en=2ba3af1ffdb239c3&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss

"Google is preparing an online-payment system that would compete with
PayPal, according to an online retailer who has been approached by
Google to take part in the effort."

So, soon we'll be able to buy our O'Reilly books online?