[CLUG-chat] Tech contact in IS?

Mike Morris mike.morris at cocosoft.co.za
Mon Jun 13 13:10:48 SAST 2005

Anybody got a friendly tech contact in IS networking who caould whisper
quietly & (if necessary) confidentially in my ear WTF if going on in
their network?

For over a week now there's an intermittent problem where packets from
the S Cape (get routed vi PE) hit a faulty router/link (at
168.209.100.45 as far as I can tell) in IS's network (carrying mweb
traffic) and I end up with latencies in the 4-second range reaching the
outside world.

Not a huge problem for you average webmunchkin where the latency is only
really confronted once, but its hell trying to configure stuff over an
ssh link like this, I can tell you!

--
mike morris        :: mike.morris (at) cocosoft . co . za
cOcO technologies  ::   www . coco-technologies . co . za

----- A day without chillies is a day wasted ------