[clug-chat] Linux in Libraries, was Re: [CLUG-chat] re koha

Thomas Black thomas at shuttleworthfoundation.org
Fri Oct 3 13:25:01 SAST 2003

Hi

>I once saw a Red Hat CD at Bellville library that was donated by CLUG. I
>wondered what happened to it because it just disapeared on day and
>nobody could tell me why. Some of their books have CD's with it. I
>wonder what's wrong with a simple disclaimer. Maybe we should
>re-investigate it.

Bellville was one of the Libraries were William managed to place
software as a pilot; and according to logs it worked quite well.

I also think that if we tried again we'd be successful in getting the
software into libraries - given the governments current push for open
source software, they really have no choice.

I have it listed as a project for early next year.

-Thomas

--
Thomas Black
Open Source Program Manager