[CLUG-chat] OT: [Fwd: [pm] RIAA + Kazaa]

Charles Oertel charles at finebushpeople.co.za
Thu Oct 2 13:08:50 SAST 2003

> [1] - The use of the words dry wall in a previous post speaks against
>       the ZA expat hypothesis. Hmm.

Also, the words 'Heck', 'msn.com' and 'apple.com' as the only examples of
music streaming sites, 'there' instead of 'their' , 'bare' instead of 'bear',
the disproportionate concern about copyright etc etc.

this guy is American or a VERY DOF South African.  Probably if he ever came to
South Africa it would simultaneously lower the average IQ in both the US and
SA ;-)

Ok, this is my attacking the player not the ball - 'cos if he is posturing he
goddamn deserves it.  There would not be a piracy problem in the third world
if CDs and DVDs were reasonably priced relative to the cost of living.  The
reason they have the same or higher exit prices in dollars worldwide is most
probably to stop first world citizens from buying cheap CDs from SA.

Just because an activity is against the law does not make it wrong.  Were the
activities of Nelson Mandela in changing the SA government wrong or merely
illegal?  Were the activities of George Bush and Tony Blair legal?  Were they
right?

What about the 'illegal' software I use every day on my Linux workstation so
that I can play DVDs.  If I bought the DVD I have a right to view it on
whatever device I please, and if you don't agree Benjamin, I suggest you come
over here and tell me on my front lawn (the last guy to do that committed
suicide a week later - I kid you not! (though I doubt it was because I told
him that I would file system check him up ;-)).

regards
Charles Oertel