[CLUG-chat] OT: [Fwd: [pm] RIAA + Kazaa]

marc marcxcc at jade.cs.uct.ac.za
Thu Oct 2 11:27:45 SAST 2003

> Since when did linux users start descrimenating on geographical afiliation
> etc?

Well, presumably since the vendors of region locked DVDs (whom you
defend so vigorously) do, we may as well ;). Ok - so that is more
of a witty comeback, now for the the real point of this message:

Your message id 016901c38834$d2c13460$0a051cac at ntdev.corp.microsoft.com
is rather intriguing. Now, it is quite possible that you are a ZA expat[1]
and closet linux user (in which case welcome, and I hope you enjoy your
stay), but there is the odd chance that you may be an astroturfer[3]
or worse. Personally I would like to doubt the latter - I would
expect more sophistication in disguising the origin[2]. Actually
looking at the list of addresses I think I can make out one or two
better disguised phonies.

So if I may put you on the spot - is it part of your work to be here ?

regards

marc

[1] - The use of the words dry wall in a previous post speaks against
      the ZA expat hypothesis. Hmm.
[2] - Though I concede the Microsoft isn't known for sophistication.
[3] - But troll could also be an option.