[CLUG-chat] OT: [Fwd: [pm] RIAA + Kazaa]

Mark Ter Morshuizen mark at itbox.co.za
Wed Oct 1 18:44:23 SAST 2003

On Wednesday 01 October 2003 17:58, Benjamin Gay wrote:
> Again I ask you what is your point? Or are you just a shameless leach?

Again my point is simply that some people might find it strange that someone
coming form where it appears you come from is participating in a forum such
as this one, discussing what you are discussing.

The intention of this forum is not to disseminate the viewpoints of
Microsoft, the RIAA etc. There are plenty of more appropriate venues for that
sort of posturing.

I am not a "shameless leach". I, like most bandwidth starved South Africans,
am not prepared to waste a valuable resource to obtain my music. I have a
large collection of original CD's and decent equipment to play them
on. MP3's and other on-line formats sound so terrible that I often wonder
what all the fuss is about. I resent your implication and I wonder if you
would like to back up your assertion with any form of evidence.

--
Mark Ter Morshuizen
IT Box Computer Services