[CLUG-chat] SuSE 8.1 -> 8.2 - worth it?

craniac (Steve Crane) craniac at cidev.com
Mon Jun 30 11:51:33 SAST 2003

I have the boxed version of SuSE 8.1, which I was going to install on my new
machine.  On discovering that the installation would not work I thought that
8.2 might be the answer and Erhard kindly offered to make copies for me.  I
neglected to phone him to arrange this and in the interim I have found a way
to get the 8.1 install working.

So now I'm wondering whether I should bother to get 8.2 or just stick with
8.1.  What are the differences/improvements?  My old (current) machine is
running SuSE 7.2 and I have been quite happy with it.  I have been using
WindowMaker and may continue doing so although I have seen the KDE included
with 8.1 and it looks good and should be more than fast enough on my new box
so I might give it a try.

What do you guys think, is the step up from 8.1 to 8.2 worth it?
--
Steve Crane
http://craniac.afraid.org