[CLUG-chat] re: OS awareness on UCT; Cape tech; UWC

Hilton Theunissen hilton at shuttleworthfoundation.org
Fri Jun 13 12:08:28 SAST 2003

Hello Clug-gers

The Shuttleworth Foundation are just as passionate about Open Source as
you are. We have piloted a number of internal research OS projects in
Education.
Follow www.shuttleworthfoundation.org for more info.

Our mandate with Open Source is to:

Initiate Open Source awareness programs
Establish a culture of Open Source adoption and usage
Create channels of access to Open Source software
Collaborate with Open Source skills development projects.

Our successes in higher education institutions include:

Awareness, usage, skills transfer with Pentech IT students (With
e-students).
Plans to initiate awareness programs at Stellenbosch University (with
Sulug)

We love to meet or make contact with anybody involve in any kind of
computer group / linux user group at UCT; Cape Tech and UWC to discuss
collaboration partnerships.

Kind regards

Hilton Theunissen
The Shuttleworth Foundation