[CLUG-chat] Programmer's Joke

Heinz Meulke hmeulke at aosl.co.za
Tue Jun 10 10:21:17 SAST 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 09:59, Erhard Eiselen wrote:
> "The Tao is embodied in all software regardless of how
> insignificant," said the master.
>
> "Is the Tao in a handheld calculator?" asked the novice.
>
> "It is," came the reply.
>
> "And, is the Tao in XP?"
>
> The master coughed and shifted his position slightly. "The
> lesson is over for today," he said. The Tao of Programming.
>

> -----
>
> I don't know what Tao means, so I looked it up. The closest I
> got was "The ACE ORB (Object Computing, Inc.) " - though
> it may mean something else.

Everyone that calls himself a programmer should read this. It is a
essential part of programming and should be added to the basic cs
studies.

It explains the TAO

http://www.canonical.org/~kragen/tao-of-programming.html

--
If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee and access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. Views and opinions are those of the sender unless clearly stated as being that of the Company's. The Company can not assure that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference. No liability, whether direct or indirect, is accepted by the company, nor the sender should this e-mail, or any attachment thereto, contain any form or manner of an error or a virus.