[CLUG-chat] RH 8.0 problems....

Hamish Whittal hamish at QEDux.co.za
Thu Oct 3 13:37:29 SAST 2002

Hi all,

Following the announcement, I have just tried to load 8 on a machine of
mine. Disk 1 boot fine, but bombs out when trying to install perl 5.8.
Strangest thing is iso image is exactly the right size and when I
install perl 5.8 off the CD manually on another machine, there is
absolutely NO problem. So, although I have 8.0, I'm afraid, I need to
understand this problem before I start cutting you all dud copies. So,
sorry for the false alarm. Any insight on the problem might speed up the
resolution.

Cheers
Hamish