[CLUG-chat] Re: [GLUG] [OT] Be nostalgic about your first PC

Andre Truter andre.truter at intekom.co.za
Wed Oct 2 10:23:00 SAST 2002

Andre Truter wrote:

 > Hi all,
 >
 > I just found a site that shows some details on the computer that I
 > first  started to program on (Epson HX-20).  I nearly got tears in
 > my eyes.  :-)
 >
 > Maybe somebody else can also get nostalgic about the early days of
computers.

 > Some wonderful machines there from the era when programmers were
 > still  programmers.  :-) http://www.geocities.com/~compcloset/index.html
 >

 > // getting up from rocking chair to start preparing for afternoon nap

This is getting better!  You can still buy a brand-spanking-new Epson
HX-20 computer from a cumpany in UK (Castle Dataware) for only 225 pounds!!

Wow, looks like these things had a time-warp.  :-)

Sorry, but I get very emotional about these old machines... :-)

Anybody have about 300 pounds laying around?

--
Andre Truter
Software Engineer

< The box said: Requires Windows 95 or better...  >
< So I installed Linux                            >