[CLUG-announce] April CLUG talk: Moved to 14 April

Bernelle Verster bernellev at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 14:11:19 SAST 2015

Date:        14 April 2014
Topic:       DebConf16 in Cape Town
Time:        6:30 pm
Venue:      UCT Chemical Engineering Studio 1, below ground floor

Please note that the talk is not on the second Tuesday (strictly speaking)
due to it's close proximity to Easter weekend (where those of us who can
will be coding non-work stuff undisturbed).

DebConf16 announcement and discussion: DebConf is coming to Cape Town!!
We will informally discuss what's going on so far in its organisation:
The bid page: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Bids/Cape_Town
IRC channel: #debconf16-capetown
Meeting minutes: http://whiteboard.debian.net/9fcb2.wb
Team roles: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/LocalTeamRoles
Timeline: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Timeline

I am still trying to pin a speaker down as well, but no luck so far. I had
my heart set on the creators of this report (colleagues of mine), but I
might just read it and present it myself, if there's time:
Development of a low cost LED-Photodiode based spectrophotometer for
continuous online monitoring using optical flow cells
<http://www.wrc.org.za/Pages/DisplayItem.aspx?ItemID=10111&FromURL=%2fPages%2fKH_AdvancedSearch.aspx%3fdt%3d%26ms%3d%26d%3dDevelopment+of+a+low+cost+LED-Photodiode+based+spectrophotometer+for+continuous+online+monitoring+using+optical+flow+cells%26start%3d1>
*Authors:
Garcin C; Nicolls F; Randall B; Fraser M; Griffiths M; Harrison S; *2010/10/01;
Research Report No.KV249/10

CLUG depends on the efforts of volunteers to organise talks and other
events. If you would like to contribute in the next year, reply to this
email (careful not to reply all unless intended)!