[CLUG-announce] LPI Level 1 & 2 Exams for Oct

Eric Andrews - Babelgeek eric at babelgeek.com
Mon Aug 21 12:31:09 SAST 2006

Hi All

The Geek Freedom League is very excited to announce that level 2 exams
will be available at our October LPI exams - they will also be paper
based and will delivered at the reduced rate negotiated by the GFL for
2006. A friendly reminder that the price of all these exams will be
standardised at $150 next year, so write as many as you possibly can now!

The new dates are as follows:

29 Sept    -Cape Town    - Venue to be confirmed
2 Oct    -Port Elizabeth    - Venue needed - please assist
3 Oct    -East London    - Venue needed - please assist
4 Oct    -KZN        - Venue needed - please assist
5 Oct    -Mokopane    - Mokopane multi purpose centre
6 Oct    -Gauteng    - Venue needed - please assist

These exams dates for level 1 & 2 have been finalised and won't be
cancelled or postponed, so please register as soon as you can. We're
giving plenty of forewarning for these exams, so we're looking forward
to a bumper turn-out. The LPI exams will be R275 each for GFL members
and R300 if not. Ubuntu exams will be R300 each for everyone.

If you still need a LPI ID please get it from
https://www1.lpi.org/en/register.html. They have FAQs about the
certification there too. Once you have your LPI ID, then reserve a seat
at the session of your choice on the SA LPI site
http://www.lpi.org.za/register/. Please do this so we can pre-order your
exams to avoid disappointment on the day. If you require free training
notes you can download them from
http://www.ledge.co.za/software/lpinotes/. Unfortunately level 2 course
notes don't seem to be available.

If you want regular updates on these exams and SFD's planned please join
the Freedom League on http://www.freedomleague.org.za if you aren't
already registered.

Eric
--