[CLUG-announce] CLUG Talk, Tues 13 Aug 2002

Craig Balfour craig at its.uct.ac.za
Mon Aug 12 14:51:07 SAST 2002

Dear All,

Here are the details of tomorrows (Tues 13 Aug 2002) Western Cape
Linux Users Group talk:

Tomorrow's talk will be about I2C, the serial bus used by most modern PC
hardware. Ever wondered how to access those fans and temperature sensors
that you see in your BIOS? How about where XFree86 gets all that info about
your monitor? Want to see exactly what memory chips you really bought? Join
us at tomorrow's CLUG meeting and find out more about your PC hardware than
you ever wanted to know!

As usual, we'll meet in 6:30pm in Lecture Theatre 2, Chemical Engineering
Building, University of Cape Town -- see http://www.uct.ac.za/meetings
for directions.

Craig

--
  Craig Balfour <craig at clug.org.za>, Secretary
  Western Cape Linux Users Group (CLUG), P.O. Box 333, Newlands, 7725