[CLUG-chat] Looking for latest disk for various linux distros

Andrew Glen-Young andy at metropolis.co.za
Wed Mar 24 11:25:50 SAST 2004

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 11:18:33AM +0200, Mike Davis wrote:

> <troll suit on>
> Does OS-X count? :-D
> I've been thinking about getting hold of a G5 and trying it out...
> anyone got any opinions on how it compares to Linux?
> </troll suit>

It's pretty. Can't say what it's like for day to day usage but the first thing I
installed on it when it arrived was fink (ports-like tree for OSS). Seems to run
and idle nicely ;-) Sings at you on startup, no post beep. Marty Roesch
(Sourcefire & Snort.org) uses OS-X and MACs nearly exclusively. Apparently (and
this is only what I heard from MAC users) Jaguar solves a lot of the memory
issues that they were having. Oh yeah... and it's pretty.

- Andrew.