[CLUG-chat] [OT] BSA - the good news, and the bad

Charles Oertel charles at finebushpeople.co.za
Fri Mar 5 18:32:14 SAST 2004

On Friday 05 March 2004 18:16, Uri Zalk wrote:
> Be that as it may, I wish the BSA 100% success in eliminating software
> piracy.
>
> Let's make it much easier for them by convincing those remaining errant
> souls who still resort to piracy to mend their ways and switch totally
> to OSS GPL Software. That would be easier on the economy than if they
> were driven out of business by the BSA.

I like the way you think Uri ;-)

Next step:  get the BSA to tell us which clients they are pressurising right
now, so we can go help them ;-)

(of course their goal is not to reduce piracy, it is to increase MS licenses)
which means that the DTI might not endorse their activities unless they
really were open enough to give us their list of 'prospects'